DSP stereo and RDS encoder with LCD display - new RDS features
CyberMax8000+ DSP/RDS stereo encoder offers excellent stereo separation with 114x oversampling, RDS and DSP. Based on our latest SE8000 DSP+ with built-in compressor, limiter, balanced inputs, sharp 19KHz stereo carrier notch filter, pre-emphasis, LC input filters and ESD protected inputs which all help to bring out the best sound. Perfect for a demanding, but cost-conscious broadcaster. CyberMax8000+ series processor also gives you easy access to a wide array of RDS parameters. Features such as fast PS scrolling, RT, PTY, CT, AF, ECC, EON support, DSP filters and others all make this encoder a real bargain. This is your perfect gateway into the world of RDS and comes with excellent stereo separation and sound!
How are CyberMax8000DSP+ better than CyberMax5000DSP+
- Much much better stereo separation due to 114x oversampling
- On-board USB audio interface
- Edge-mounted on-board MPX level trimmer, accesible from the outside
- Additional low pass filters and limiters
- On-board RF/LC filter and ESD protection
- Audio Inputs have excellent noise immunity
- Remote control for DSP functions from PC now supported via USB/RS232
- Integrated IO board also supports Ethernet now (requires Ethernet module)
- New RDS module with much better RTC clock with better stand-by battery
- Audio Response: 10Hz-15KHz, DSP or LC filtered (as per CCIR standards)
- DSP: 24-bit Digital Signal Processor, Analog: LC filters
- 19KHz notch filter, >-60 dB typ
- Precise pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
- Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, balanced or unbalanced
- Audio Input Level: 0 dB
- Distortion: <0.1%
- S/N ratio: >90 dB
- Separation: >60 dB typ. (much more than typical radio receivers can resolve)
- Pilot Frequency: 19 KHz, 114x oversampled MPX
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohms
- Power Requirements: 12-15VDC / 200mA
- PC Board Size: 100x120mm
- Audio connectors: all RCA jacks are mounted on the board, 3-pin jumpers for
XLR balanced inputs, optional MCX or solder pads for MPX output
- Power connector: solder pads
- Output level: Ueff 1-4V adjustable with trimmer
RDS encoder will work independently from the PC (memory stays unchanged for at least 45 years after power-off, RTC 10-14 days).
If you want to play with the windows driver, a basic version can be obtained from us (email us, it is written in Visual Basic60). Entire protocol has been simplified and is easy to use.
Supported by ZaraSoft and Jazler!
NOTE: This is the old photo, units now have rotary-encoder LCD display