Designed for FM radio transmitters, this amplifier uses the new extra rugged NXP series LDMOS to produce a minimum of 600W! In a design where easy serviceability, performance and efficiency was top priority the cost of this product remains very reasonable. Finals are very easy to replace and pretty robust.
- 28-50 Volts (maximum power at 50V)
- 87.5-108 MHz
- MRF XR 50volt LDMOS Technology
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout 650W min. with 3 watt drive @48V
- 21 dB gain minimum
- Low distortion class B push-pull
- >78% efficiency
- Size; LxWxH: 90 x 56 x 45mm (LxWxH)
- Aouminum base for better cooling
- Weight: 0,75Kg
- Ensure shielding between final stage and audio stage with exciter. Install a good feed-through capacitor on the supply +48V wiring feeding the power output stage. This will keep and RF from the power line.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a fully finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.