1200W VHF Band III TV Pallet
This design is based on the new BLF188XR NXP 50V LDMOS transistors. The pallet is ideal for digital and analog TV broadcast applications. The copper base is machined from Tellurium Copper alloy 145. This is a high grade copper and it gives the pallet base the best possible surface finish which promotes efficent thermal transfer to the mounting surface.
- 170-230MHz VHF TV 1200W Analog
- 600W average digital power in 8VSB
- 500W DVB-T
- 21 dB gain typical
- Power Req. 50 volts @ 28A
- Temperature compensated bias
- LDMOS NXP BLF188XR devices.
- Input power 3 watts Typical.
- Input return loss -20dB maximum.
- 90 degree hybrids
- Datasheet on request
- All specifications are +/-5% and the digital output powers are without pre-correction Photo may slightly differ from the actual product as new versions are coming up.
BLF188XR is the newest member of popular XR family of RF power transistors for the toughest engineering environments
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.