1KW FM wideband pallet amplifier using BLF188XR with planar input/output transformer, >80% efficiency, super low profile
Designed for FM radio transmitters this amplifier uses a single NXP LDMOS BLF188XR push-pull
transistor to produce >1000 watts! Efficiency at 50V DC exceeds 80%!
Recommended voltage supply: 48-50V DC
Operating Temperature range: 0 to +70 °C ( at Device Flange )
Storage Temperature range: -30 to +90 °C
Load Mismatch: 65:1 (all phase angle)
Ensure sufficient airflow across the top of the pallet, the PCB and capacitors will get hot at max power
- Shipping Weight: 0.9Kg
- 86-110MHz 50V @ 22.5-29A
- Efficiency >80%
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout: >1000W with 5W input
- 24 dB gain typ. ±1dB
- Class B push-pull
- Temperature compensated bias designed by NXP.
- Size (LxWxH): 130x62x30mm
You can find special 50V power supply for this amplifier here!
About NXP XR family of transistors: “Our ‘eXtremely Rugged’ family now delivers even more ruggedness to run with the most awkward RF loads – easily outperforming VDMOS performance, ruggedness and reliability using NXP’s latest high-voltage LDMOS technology,” said Mark Murphy, director of marketing, RF power business line, NXP Semiconductors. “Building on the success of the BLF578XR, the new BLF188XR extends our portfolio, and brings extra ruggedness, linearity, power and simplicity in design. And building on our proven track record as a leading RF power supplier in ISM markets, we’ve been able to design the BLF188XR as a highly compelling solution for a broad range of low-frequency applications, such as lasers, MRI, RF lighting and RF drying, as well as VHF/FM broadcast transmitters.”
- Ensure shielding between final stage and audio stage with exciter. Install a good feed-through capacitor on the supply +48V wiring feeding the power output stage. This will keep and RF from the power line.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a fully finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.
Quantity discount is available and shipping becomes a lot cheaper per unit as quantity goes up. For additional info and prices please ask for a quote here.
NOTE: The pallet amplifier is shipped without the connectors shown on the photo and final design was altered somewhat (photo coming soon).