FM wideband amplifier with original NPX LDMOS transistors (BLF178/BLF188/BLF578 also XR version)
Designed for FM radio transmitters, this amplifier uses a single NXP LDMOS (either BLF178P, BLF178XR, BLF188XR or BLF578) push-pull
transistor to produce 900 to >1000 watts!
An excellent heatsink with strong technical background in RF amplifiers is required.
Model PCS LPF 1500W, PCS LPF7000 or better are the only qualified low pass filter for this
product. System integrators who plan to provide their own low pass filters
must take great care to minimize any reflection in the filter. Quantity discount is available! Detailed PDF manual available on request.
- Shipping Weight: 0.9Kg
- 86-110MHz 43-50V @ 22.5-29A
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout 900-1050W with 2-5W input
- 22-25 dB gain
- Class B push-pull.
- Temperature compensated bias designed by NXP.
- Compact size; LxWxH 4.0 x 2.25 x 1.5 inches
- Standard 1/4 inch copper base
- Bias disable pads facilitate integration into amplifier systems that employ automatic VSWR protection.
Note: Specifications vary slightly depending on NXP LDMOS transistor used
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low
power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier, design of equipment where the amplifier will be
mounted, must foresee an appropriate protection circuits. Max input level is + 6dB referred to
the typical input power.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please
reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between
efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have
sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be
burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using
proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting
mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long
leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you
that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our