TELCOM active telephone hybrid
If you need a simple portable telephone Hybrid, the TELCOM is the answer.
It is small, can be mounted in a 19" rack (with an extra blind panel) and
the telephone line powers the unit. So no dead batteries anymore. It can be
connected to any mixing console by way of its Cinch or jack connectors on the
back and to the telephone appliance and wall connector by its standard RJ 11
connectors. It provides you with balanced automatic line compensation to achieve
optimum audio quality.
What is a Telephone hybrid?
- Telephone hybrids provide the interface between professional audio equipment
and the public telephone network.
- They provide protection for your equipment and the public telephone lines,
allowing for varying line signals and line conditions. Automatically cancelling
out the unwanted signal they also facilitate two-way communication down a single
- Each hybrid has a telephone line connection, a handset connection and separate
connectors for audio input and output from a broadcast mixer, or other professional
- A large proportion of D&R hybrids are used in radio and television broadcasting
applications allowing external callers to be connected to the studio mixing
- Most of the other units are supplied to communication operations allowing
extremely effective conversion between 4-wire audio circuits and standard telephone
- The Telcom Hybrid does not need external power and can be used anywhere, powered
from the telephone line, it also has an internal compressor that compensates
for line level differences.
AUDIO PROGRAM IN AND OUT
Connectors : Jack stereo 6.3mm and Cinch connectors
Input impedance : 5kOhm (transformer balanced)
Output level : -40 up to +6 dBu
Output impedance : 2kOhm (transformer balanced)
Noise on Receive output : less than -82dB (A weighted)
Power supply : Powered by telephone line
Dimensions : Front 240x44mm, Depth 110mm
Weight : 725grams
Connector : RJ11
Nominal input level : -6dBu
Nominal output level : -6dBu
Compensation Mode : fully electronic
Impedance : 600 Ohm
Please e-mail for manual.