CyberMax (( Stereo )) Rocks!

All posts related to SE1, SE2 and SE3 and our future stereo encoders go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

radioboy
Regular poster
Regular poster

CyberMax (( Stereo )) Rocks!

Post by radioboy »

I noticed this is the one section which doesn't seem to have anything posted in it, so I thought why not go ahead and be the first.

I received my CYBER MAX FM about a month ago, and after going through the setup phase and performing some testing, working out a few glitches, I have begun to enjoy broadcasting some really nice program content in stereo, and have received some surprising comments from listeners.

Not being a tech-head (but more of an audiophile) I'm really into signal processing, and I have been voicetracking my program and using Wavelab's audio engine to mix it together. For the processing chain, I use Waves Native Power pack, and have found the VST multiband plug-in (set to the FM preset) to be really nice and ear-pleasing.

I also use the Magneto plug in and have a special setting which I spent hours tweaking, using various test audio pieces (Pink Floyd's - Money, Yes - Leave It, and Queen's Boheimian Rhapsody and Kraftwerk's - Autobahn) ..to name a few, in order to find a certain sound which I fondly recall from my youth, and since I can't afford an Optimod, or Omnia, I tried to make do with what I have available.

The stereo seperation on the CYBER MAX is really GREAT! If you don't overmodulate, and use just the right combination of compression and just a tad bit of spatial enhancement in the processing chain, the signal can be bright, bold & punchy.. and the other evening I broadcast a "theme" show which I called Stereo on the Radio, and the next day.. I had three folks who caught the broadcast comment to me how really nice it sounded.

It made me feel good, especially since they are several miles away, and not really into radio or audio enough to know what processing is, but just the fact they pointed it out was reassuring to me that not only did I make a wise choice in going with the cybermax, but also it's a tribute to the folks at PCS for engineering a really nice product.

I would be curious to learn of other users who have the cybermax, or using the SE-3 stereo encoder, and reading your comments.

Cheers!
((RadioBoy))
--
Art is a lie that tells the truth." -- Pablo Picasso
> "Whatever Picasso said." --Radioboy
Noble Radio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Noble Radio »

You might want to check out http://www.soundprocessing.nl/index.html. Some great advice for using Waves for sound processing. I use Chain 2 with the high's opened up. It rocks.
mbates14
New registered user
New registered user

Post by mbates14 »

at least you guys got people that care or even listen. i play my transmitter all the time, i cant tell if anyone is listening or not. but I cant get a quarter mile with 5 watts, which is sad.