tuning antennas?

Post your questions and comments relating to our guides...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

king

tuning antennas?

Post by king »

is it hard for a begginer to tune an antenna?

Post by Guest »

ELABORATE WITH MORE DETAIL..WHAT KIND OF ANTENNA?etc.etc :D

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:ELABORATE WITH MORE DETAIL..WHAT KIND OF ANTENNA?etc.etc :D
:-? :P
Titanium
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Titanium »

Use a SWR meter
Yoda
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by Yoda »

:D Its not hard to tune an antenna, provided that you have a SWR meter (and not an old CB one - has to be the right frequency for the transmitter which i presure is 88-108MHz) and also provided that the antenna IS tunable. Some people make antennas and whilst in the construction they purposley construct the antenna for a specific frequency ie. I constructed an antenna the other day, but it is only intended for about 106MHz and slightly tunable to +- 1MHz or so. Ie it will only go from 105-107MHz to get a good SWR reading.

If you have some old antenna there are ways of re-tuning the antenna to your specific frequency by making the element longer or shorter, but this totally depends on the antenna type and construction.

Read up on antenna construction - try google.

Also I have plans for an antenna that kicks ass (well a bit anyway) if ya want em giz a shout.

Oh, and another thing, if you are tuning your antenna in, drop the power on your TX to about a quarter as this will help you NOT to blow your output transistor when tuning if things go badly wrong - as I did not so long ago when a wire came unsolderd in me antenna - KABOOOOOMMMMM :-?
I have removed my e-mail address due to spam through this forum!!! please now use:
simon (at) dreamtechnologies (dot) co (dot) uk

May the force be with you.

http://www.radiorave.co.uk/