RF Broadband Noise Generator

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Dude

RF Broadband Noise Generator

Post by The Dude »

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me where I could find a simple RF Broadband Noise Generator circuit with Zener diode. I am looking for the kind that uses about half a dozen parts with parts values listed!

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Bohr, Niels Henrik David (1885-1962)
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made, in a very
narrow field.

Post by Guest »

That was a strange answer!
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Noise generator to be used for what?
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
R_QRP
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by R_QRP »

A noise bridge is a device for measuring or comparing impedances on coaxial cables, antennas, components, etc. With appropriate calibration, it allows for the measurement of both scalar and vector (reactive) impedances. A noise bridge contains a wideband noise generator as well as a bridge balancing circuit, and makes use of the station receiver, tuned to the frequency of measurement, as a detector. The bridge is balanced by changing a bridge capacitor and resistor while listening to the receiver for a noise null. Resistance and reactive values can be determined from the variable R and C positions, and may be converted to an SWR or Z value. The noise bridge may lack the precision of a laboratory instrument; however, it has sufficient capability for normal amateur use and can perform many of the measurements of more expensive instruments such as antenna analyzers.
StormiNorm

Well geez i be GDAMN how informative

Post by StormiNorm »

R_QRP wrote:A noise bridge is a device for measuring or comparing impedances on coaxial cables, antennas, components, etc. With appropriate calibration, it allows for the measurement of both scalar and vector (reactive) impedances. A noise bridge contains a wideband noise generator as well as a bridge balancing circuit, and makes use of the station receiver, tuned to the frequency of measurement, as a detector. The bridge is balanced by changing a bridge capacitor and resistor while listening to the receiver for a noise null. Resistance and reactive values can be determined from the variable R and C positions, and may be converted to an SWR or Z value. The noise bridge may lack the precision of a laboratory instrument; however, it has sufficient capability for normal amateur use and can perform many of the measurements of more expensive instruments such as antenna analyzers.
Greetings,
Well Miracles never cease to happen...I never had the foggiest idea that after all these yEARS OF MY USEING SERVICE MONITORS MADE BY MOTOROLA AND WAVETEK WITH TIME DOMAIN REFLECTION ANALYSIS CAPABILITIES THAT I COULD HAVE SIMPLIFIED ALL THOSE HIGH TECH. RESULTS OBTAINED IN ABOUT 3MINS OF SETTING UP A MENU FUNCTION DISPLAY AND PRESSING A FEW BUTTONS THAT SIMILIAR RESULTS OBTAINED COULD HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED WITH A NOISE BRIDGE...HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO VERIFY SUCH MEASUREMENTS USEING SUCH A SETUP GUYS??? I AM RATHER CURIOUS.

Respects Norm B
StormiNorm

Oh really

Post by StormiNorm »

Anonymous wrote:That was a strange answer!
It takes another strange being to be able to decode the strange answers..Ha!

Post by Guest »

Broadband noise generators have been around for a long time. If you're not familiar with them, you're going to be amazed at how simple they are to build, and how useful they can be around the shack, especially when used in conjunction with some recently available (but very sophisicated) software for PCs.
StormiNorm

oh really

Post by StormiNorm »

Some folks i know would say **** that noise

Post by Guest »

Hm, avoid to act like broadband noise generator!

On the Record

Post by Guest »

SHUT UP!

Post by Guest »

Broadband noise generators have a little switch
in the front that could be set ON or OFF. Very useful.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Broadband noise generators have a little switch
in the front that could be set ON or OFF. Very useful.
Think about this

(((I cannot judge my work while I am doing it. I have to do as painters do, stand
back and view it from a distance, but not too great a distance. How great?
Guess?)))

(((Carmichael, R. D.
A thing
==============

I hope that posterity will judge me kindly, not only as to the things which I
have explained, but also to those which I have intentionally omitted so as to
leave to others the pleasure of discovery.)))

Respects..Norm B