Exterminator antenna in general

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

RQL
New registered user
New registered user

Exterminator antenna in general

Post by RQL »

Hello,I have some technical question.Does exterminator irradiate in circular lobe?And how much is the gain?
Is it possible that ice affect power trasmission?Because I can read some watts of reflected power,in icing condition.

I can cover with this antenna about 20/22 km radius,so if I think at one circle,about 40 km diameter.I have listeners living at 20 km away from antenna,in every direction;so I think at round shape.
With only 50 watts.With more power I might disturb other channels in the near towns.To be honest I use 52 watts :) :^o

I think it is very good antenna,because before of this,with two dipole I could cover 15 km in front and no more than 8km rear.

Thanks

Fabio RQL 106.7
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

The gain is 3dBd, that is as much as 2 stacked dipoles.

Radiation pattern is circular.

Your range for 50W is pretty good, you must have a nice location.

If you are worried about ice put some heating cable on the main pole, wrap it around the pole below head with connector.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
RQL
New registered user
New registered user

Post by RQL »

Thanks.My transmitter is set at 106,7mhz,previous radio station is at 106,4 and next at 107.1,but they are about 40 km away from my antenna.This means the spectrum is free.Antenna site is at 20 meter above the sea level and town.This antenna works better and cover bigger area than my previous two dipole stack.They were old and not the best quality.Now we work great. :wink: