can't get 25W pallet amp running at all

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

honsey
New registered user
New registered user

can't get 25W pallet amp running at all

Post by honsey »

Hello there,

i'm a bit under time pressure... because of that i had to write to support and also post my problem in the forum. maybe another user experienced the same problem i have at the moment:

im trying to drive a 25W pallet amp from a custom fm transmitterboard based on si4713. i wired the tx-output with the amp-input and the amp-output with a filter, then to a ground pole antenna (~70cm).

when i turn on the power supply for the amp (13.8V, 8A/10max) nothing happens. the power supply has an ampere meter, but that doesn't show any activity.

product page of the pallet amp says: 1-3mW input. on the pallet amp itself the rf input is labeled with 10mW max. is there a "official" manual?

from the datasheet of the si4713 i can read: tx power up to 118dBµV, which should be something around 12.5mW

is it possible that i destroyed the pallet, because i exceeded by 2.5mW? why is it not working — am i missing something? do i have to apply voltage to the vco-pads in any case?

hope you guys can help me — thanks a lot in advance!

hans
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

After discussing this directly via e-mail it turns out to be a problem of poor wiring and a lack of series capacitor in exciter module.

In short; there is no problem with the pallet itself.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
honsey
New registered user
New registered user

Post by honsey »

yes — thanks again for the fast support. got it all running now!

ciao,
hans