PCS-0205 Direccional Antenna any good for reception?

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

LiveMetal
New registered user
New registered user

PCS-0205 Direccional Antenna any good for reception?

Post by LiveMetal »

Good Evening!!

Is PCS-0205 Direccional Antenna any good for reception??

If yes, Can I use 75ohm cable with it? Again, it's only for reception :)

Cheers
Joao
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

These antennas are absolutely great for radio reception, of course they are directional so you have to turn the antenna into the direction from where you wish to receive signals.

You can use 75ohms coaxial cable. The mismatch when using 50 or 75 ohms coax is actually small and you won't even notice it in a receiver.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
LiveMetal
New registered user
New registered user

Post by LiveMetal »

pcs wrote:These antennas are absolutely great for radio reception, of course they are directional so you have to turn the antenna into the direction from where you wish to receive signals.

You can use 75ohms coaxial cable. The mismatch when using 50 or 75 ohms coax is actually small and you won't even notice it in a receiver.
Hey Marko.

Yap, that's what I want. A direccional antenna with good gain so I can turn the antenna to the direction I wish to receive signals. In this case, I want a good pratical antenna and not too big (usually direccional FM antennas are very big). I think that PCS-0205 is the best choice.

So I can use it with 75ohm coax cable without any problem, right? Niceee eheh :D

Thank u very much for your help
Joao
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

LiveMetal wrote:
pcs wrote:These antennas are absolutely great for radio reception, of course they are directional so you have to turn the antenna into the direction from where you wish to receive signals.

Hey Marko.

Yap, that's what I want. A direccional antenna with good gain so I can turn the antenna to the direction I wish to receive signals. In this case, I want a good pratical antenna and not too big (usually direccional FM antennas are very big). I think that PCS-0205 is the best choice.

So I can use it with 75ohm coax cable without any problem, right? Niceee eheh :D

Thank u very much for your help
Joao
Yes, also if you want to double the gain just add second antenna and stack them one above the other.
Use the combiners to wire the two or more antennas together.

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/power-di ... -1527.html

Yes, you could also stack 4 or 8 :)
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128