I GOT BUSTED!!!

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

SpeedFreakIan
New registered user
New registered user

I GOT BUSTED!!!

Post by SpeedFreakIan »

I’m a pirate in the US, and I just got busted… Almost. I heard from one of the licensed stations in town (that I’m friends with) that the cops had just come by, wondering how they can get a hold of the FCC, because there’s an illegal radio station on the air and they want the FCC to deal with it. My buddy (the owner of this radio station) called me up rite away, and told me this, and to get the hell off the air for a while. What’s even funnier about it is that my friend likes my music, and what I’m doing, so he basically told them to leave me the f**k alone!
But, what is extremely weird about this is that the LOCAL COPS are after me, not the FCC! I’ve never heard of this before! Anybody else had problems with their local police?
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

In my roughly two years of broadcasting right next to a small town I never heard one peep from the authorities. I doubt the local police would be able to do anything. They would need a warrant first and since it's an FCC matter would probably get stuck at that point.
-empty-
Vibe
New registered user
New registered user

Post by Vibe »

May want to scope out your neighbors....
Someone may have a complaint and not knowing where to complain to or how, just called the cops with some sort of complaint...
Only thing I can think of, off hand....
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

True, and angry neighbours might resort to extreme measures if their TV or radio doesn't work right!
-empty-
SpeedFreakIan
New registered user
New registered user

Post by SpeedFreakIan »

could very well have been a neighbour, I wasn't interfering with any TVs as far as I know, but I know I was interfering with the radio for a ways around my tree! You may as well forget about listening to any other radio station in my house, unless it comes in pretty strong! But I’m pretty sure what it was is that I put up a profile on My Space to promote the station to the High School population. The cops in my town are overstaffed, and board out of their minds. They regularly surf myspace.com to hunt for parties, drug deals and whatever they can find to bust. They call it "gathering intelligence." Sick, isn't it!? So I’m thinking they probably fount that profile, and sed "hmm, it's illegal to broadcast without a license? What sort of ticket can we give for that?"

It's riley quite funny how I found out they were after me. Let's just say I’m friends with the one and only local radio station. So one cop and a detective walk into their studio, wondering how to call the FCC. And of course they don't have any idea what the FCC's phone number is, "why?" "well, somebody is running an illegal radio station. We know who it is, we talked to them last Friday, (I don't know if they riley know who I am, and they didn't talk to me on Friday!) and now we need the FCC to take care of it." And my friend tells them "well, i know who that is, why don't i call him and tell him to turn it off" "you know who it is? Who is it?" "Well, you just sed you know who it is, so I’m not going to tell you. Why don't you leave him alone, and go turn off your own "emergency management" radio station that's playing ads and competing with my radio station!"

This so called "emergency management radio station is extremely shady, because they won't say exactly where the studio or transmitter site is, and there's NO record of them having a license on the FCC's website! What makes me even more suspicious is that they got some grant money last November, and put this thing on the air just like that! I haven’t heard of a filing date for my area last November! I’m pretty sure that this thing’s studio and transmitter is in the police station.