SEGMENT LED DISPLAY - change of colour

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

andido
New registered user
New registered user

SEGMENT LED DISPLAY - change of colour

Post by andido »

You've probably heard me drone on in one of my earlier posts about my MaxPro1 led segment display. I was thinking of buying the lcd liquid crystal display but I like how my led display shows up easily in dark conditions.
As one of the sections keeps going out (i have to flick it to make it light up again) maybe it would be cheaper and just as easy to replace the segment unit part. In this case it is one complete unit of four sections, rather than four individual led segment units.
I had a look on the net and there are hundreds of diferent types and pinouts. How do i know what type this is, so i can go about finding a replacement in either red, or maybe another colour! Blue led's have become more available and cheaper recently, maybe they do a 4 in 1 blue led segment unit that would solder straight in.

Any ideas? My display is shown on my site below.

http://uk.geocities.com/m3sux/maxpro.html
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

No idea, but a replacement red unit can be purchased cheaply
from us. Check the PCB, it might be a bad contact somewhere.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
andido
New registered user
New registered user

Post by andido »

Re-soldered every joint, i think it's just a slightly temperemental componant, it's done it since day one, but it's hardly a problem, nothing worth winge-ing about.
I did email you (via sales address) about prices of a whole lcd liquid crystal display, and also about a whole new led segment display, but i'm sure there's something wrong with my email as friends have reported emails not getting received, and emails that get returned when they send to me.
I've sent three emails to your sales with no luck and i know you wouldn't ignore me if they had got through so something is wrong my end.
Can you try emailing the prices of:
1. A complete LCD display.
2. A complete LED display.
3. A new red LED 4in1 unit to solder on.
Try sending to m3sux@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks again, i regulary praise your customer service - this forum was a great idea, and the fact it's monitored and maintained daily is superb service indeed.
Andy. United Kingdom.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Complete LCD displays are euro 49.99,
complete led displays are not available any more,
but I can arrange one, if its required, for 39.99.

The LED component itself is 4.99 euro.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
andysuttle
New registered user
New registered user

MaxPro1 led display (not lcd)

Post by andysuttle »

Hi.
I also have the same red led board on my Maxpro 1 and it too is a bit dodgy.
Can i buy a new 4digit red led unit from you Mr PCS please?
How many UK pounds is 4.99EURO's?
Can i pay paypal and what would postage be please?
Just to make sure i am on about the right part i have quoted below the description of my board as written by 'andido' on another older posted message:

I have my main MaxPro1 board, then there is a tiny square adaptor board fitted to the display connector. This is labelled MAX PRO III LCD and has another set of connector pins fitted to it. On the second set of pins is a connector and cable leading to the led segmant display board which is labelled MAX PRO 3 and contains the following chip: AT90S4433.
The display has a 4 digit red led segmant display, 3 black long-rod push buttons, and inbetween the three buttons are two red led's.