PCI Max 2006 Installation & Performance Summary

All posts related to PCI MAX transmittors go here!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

sparks239436
New registered user
New registered user

PCI Max 2006 Installation & Performance Summary

Post by sparks239436 »

Installed the 350mw card using version 2005 software & drivers. The card is a very tight fit in the PCI slot. Installation failed the first few attempts with a warning to reinstall software and/or change PCI slots. Performed both without any initial success. Discovered an extra cold boot resolved this issue. Unknown if this solution was by accident or design as I stopped investigating upon a good install. The card and software have performed flawlessly since.

Card performance is outstanding. Signal strength appears to meet or exceed specifications even with the wire antenna that accompanied the unit. A usable signal can be detected well beyond 1000 meters at line of sight conditions without obstructions. Signal quality, separation, noise levels are all outstanding. I was quite surprised to observe that computer noise was totally supressed. My only disappointment is that I didn't purchase the 1 watt unit as I now have interested listeners well beyond the 1000 meter range.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Have you tried to use external power supply?
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
sparks239436
New registered user
New registered user

Post by sparks239436 »

No, prefer not to as the back of my system looks like a rat's nest as it ius. This system is really loaded. Will an external power supply increase signal strength? I may reconsider.
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

It increased my power output, so yes, I'd recommend it.

I already had a 5+watt power supply for my booster, so I just cut off the wire part of a power supply (the small ones you plug into the wall socket) that was sitting around my house, plugged one end into the xmitter and connected the wires to my big power supply.

I'm just saying it's fairly easy to rig something up to give your card more power.
-empty-