15W replacement final transistor

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

yo8ryf
New registered user
New registered user

15W replacement final transistor

Post by yo8ryf »

if someone can help me how can I replace final transistor do not know how I removed. thanks
intertech
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by intertech »

Hello yo8ryf,

Scale 1 - 10 removing final on 15W board is a 5 so not so tough.

You need to locate a store that sells "solder braid" most Radio Shack type stores carry this item.

Remove the heat sink from the board, best to remove board completely, use a good solder bolt at least 40watt.

Place solder braid on all areas that have solder, place your hot iron on top, solder should melt and be absorbed by the braid, make sure not to overheat trace lines, also make sure you replace the new transistor in the same orientation.

Some patience and good eye sight is all you need, once you remove all solder you should be able to pry off the part without difficulty.

When soldering new part be careful not to put too much solder on ground, if you do then use the braid to remove.

Hope this helps
It is what it is...
Carlos
New registered user
New registered user

Re: 15W replacement final transistor

Post by Carlos »

If you are sure that the transistor is broken cut the fingers and use a solder. After that, replace the 15w transistor PD55015 for maxpro 4+ and when you use the solder again try to substract the heat from the body with a small heatsink while you are soldering.

Regards.