I need help regarding what type of transmitter????

This is the place where you can ask questions
related to schematics posted on our website
and request new schematics. We will try to post whatever is possible.

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kasper28
New registered user
New registered user

I need help regarding what type of transmitter????

Post by Kasper28 »

Hello,

I'm so glad that I have found this site [-o< !!

Anyway I'm starting a radio station on a Island. And I have been having trouble trying to figure out what exact model transmitter that I need. We would like to reach all around the whole Island if possible. The island is 4,243 sq. miles.
But if not We want to at least reach 40-60 miles out so we can get full coverage in the areas needed. I have attempted to enter another radio stations here and snap off shots of there equipment that there using but they didn't like that whole idea lol. Anyway if someone could please help me find something that will work for me and team it would be most appreciated.
Thank you for your time.
Our fathers were our models for God. If our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about God?

Listen to me . . . you have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you.
<FIGHT CLUB>
nay27uk
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by nay27uk »

Ok you want to transmit lots of miles. if you had an antenna about 5000 feet above ground you could probably do this with a 4 watt transmitter, i take it an antenna this high is not an option so you will need to look for a transmitter of at least 1kw or more and still have your antenna up high to cover this amount of miles. not even BBC radio 1 in the uk can transmit 4,243 miles and they are probably running 5kw + transmitters and probably have uplinks and stuff