Failures when shutting down through task bar

Discuss computer software and hardware with other users...(SW limiters, audio processors etc)

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

jomax77
New registered user
New registered user

Failures when shutting down through task bar

Post by jomax77 »

I have had two strange situations that were unfixable and required a complete reghosting of my system to repair.

Here is scenerio #1:

Some one by mistake did not notice PCI Max 2006 running from the little quick launch icon... Well they opened up the software while it was already running. The software froze and I got the dreaded error message that some of us have expereinced regarding network (ref mem I think??) , and would not work after a restart. I uninstalled all drivers and software and then reinstalled. Still did not work. I tried switching card to another slot, nothing. Reghosted system from a month old image- everything worked.

Here is scenerio #2:

Tried shutting down PCI Max 2006 by right clicking its task bar title, "Close Program", entire system froze and I had to reghost again.

If anyone is willing to try these two scenerios, I would be interested if anyone else experiences driver/software-or hardware failure as I have. Just beware before you do.

If this is a problem, can PCS Electronics try to fix it in a new Software update?

Thanks Everyone
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

This is your case specific, sorry. Does not happen here on my system.

System freezing to the point where you have to reinstall it is simply ridiculous.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
jomax77
New registered user
New registered user

Post by jomax77 »

Hey no need to get all angry. I was just asking a question, not putting your product down. I don't think it is that ridiculous that somehow my driver or port gets corrupted when i do this. Thanks for the reply I guess. So it works on your system. Hopefully other users will chime in.