LPFM ste approval

Post your questions and comments relating to our guides...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

michaelmuller
New registered user
New registered user

LPFM ste approval

Post by michaelmuller »

I know this is off-topic of equipment, etc., but I was wondering if anyone here has set up Low Power FM stations, and if so, how was the site permitting process? We already have a location specified by the FCC but it appears to be on private land. I have to return to the site with a GPS so I'm sure of where it is while on the ground (I get it easily online with both topozone.com and mapquest.com, but both don't help find the exact location when you're walking on the ground).

If you have helped permit and barn-raise on both public and private land, which did you find easier?

I'm asking because we have found a better location, only 2.5 miles from their proposed location, that is on public land and is the highest point for ten miles in all directions. A sweet spot if there ever was one!

Thanks,

Michael
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

Well I don't know that much about LPFM site approval. However I can say if you are this far along you shouldn't have much trouble. Most of us who tried to apply couldn't even start because of the FCC's crazy filing window rules.
-empty-