Here's a pic of the junk

Discuss antenna construction, problems, tuning, designs...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Polo_Thug
Regular poster
Regular poster

Here's a pic of the junk

Post by Polo_Thug »

http://www.freewebs.com/polo_thug/index.htm

I've figure out the Power portion of it, but not 100% sure on the SWR meter reading part
When I put it in REF and turn the knob to the middle it reads in the red and when I put it on FWD it pegs out..And anotha thing my power read about 35 watts +/- ..im using a 10 watt transmitter and a 50 watts amp . Just was curious as to why I'm only getting 35 watts
Sir Nigel

Post by Sir Nigel »

First off what's the recommended input to the booster. Make sure you're feeding if the proper wattage. Second, you might have too much SWR if you can calibrate the meter, check out how much resistance you are getting. Just a little can severely reduce you're power output.
-empty-
Dr. No
Regular poster
Regular poster

Re: Here's a pic of the junk

Post by Dr. No »

[quote="Polo_Thug"]http://www.freewebs.com/polo_thug/index.htm

[snip] not 100% sure on the SWR meter reading part. When I put it in REF and turn the knob to the middle it reads in the red and when I put it on FWD it pegs out.

You have it backwards #-o Set the meter to "Swr" then set the other switch to "Fwd" adjust the pot starting at zero and adjust upward till the needle is at the "SET" position. -which is the top or end of the red scale. See the infinity symbol?

Then throw the switch from "FWD" to "REF"

if your antenna is set properly, the "SWR" should ideally be a 1.0 to 1.0 match.
or 1.1 to 1.0. You can get there by adjusting the antenna till the "REF" Reflected Power setting is 1.0 to 1.0

You can adjust the antenna with half a watt of power or less if the meter is sensitive enough. A one to one match is possible, if it is not, a possible problem is the exciter is making some other frequency along with the desired frequency. #-o