My Cybermax+ w/ MAXPRO4025+ Has Died

Discussions regarding our FM transmitters, DX reports, antenna designs, problems...

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

sparcnz
New registered user
New registered user

My Cybermax+ w/ MAXPRO4025+ Has Died

Post by sparcnz »

Hi All,
I am in need of advice. My unit decided to blow the fuse while operating at our local primary school. It was running into a tuned antenna, which I had only checked before connecting it. Via a Bird with a 100Mhz slug.
Had been running of a few days before this happened. I changed the fuse and blew straight away.
I have taken it to the radio department where I work and have narrowed it down to the RF final. But because I do not have a schematic or information on the part, I need to know what steps I can take to get it working again.
I cannot send it back for repairs due to the cost of shipping to and back, I live in New Zealand.
I have to watch what it costs as the school is not in a position to spend to much. I am currently looking at a temp replacement to keep them going.

The unit I have has the MAXPRO4025+, SE5000 DSP, RDS4000+, IO Board 2.0+ and LCD Front Panel, all fitted into the 19" 1U case from PCS Electronics.
It has never run without an antenna or dummy load attached to the output.

Any ideas, or thoughts would be welcome.

Regards Kevin.
sparcnz@gmail.com
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

It does sound like the final, were there any storms nearby?

You can try and replace the final yourself. It uses the same as MAX PRO 5025 board and you can order it under that product as a spare.

Or, which is recommended since 4025 is now getting old, its probably best to replace it with our new model, 5015.
http://www.pcs-electronics.com/maxpro-5 ... -1845.html

The new model can be jumpered to limit power to say 4W or any other value between 1W and 15W and than you can use LCD module to set desired output very precisely.

It is same size and will fit perfectly.
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com
fax +386 4 2316 128
sparcnz
New registered user
New registered user

Post by sparcnz »

Marko,

Quite possible this could of been due to a storm, we had one go past during the day, but was a fair way away. But I know what you mean.
I have sent you an email directly in response so will see what your reply is.
I am thinking of getting the 5040, as this will give the school options for later, if they decide to go for a limited licence for a higher power limit.

Regards Kevin.
pcs
Site master
Site master

Post by pcs »

Ok, taking it to email.

Marko
Best regards,
Marko - PCS Electronics
--------------------------------------------------------
Turn your PC into a FM radio station!
http://www.pcs-electronics.com