Is this possible

Share your experience regarding radio transmitters and broadcasting with other users!

Moderators: Sir Nigel, Nina, pcs, 5r, phpBB2 - Administrators

Drummer
New registered user
New registered user

Is this possible

Post by Drummer »

How about taking a long cable with a signal, so it act as an antenna and hooking it up to a kite..say 200ft above the ground. I mean, it will only look like an innocent kite. Anyone ever done this?
znight
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by znight »

What happens when there's no wind?
StormiNorm

Re: Is this possible..YEAH TV MARTI.HAHAHA!!

Post by StormiNorm »

Drummer wrote:How about taking a long cable with a signal, so it act as an antenna and hooking it up to a kite..say 200ft above the ground. I mean, it will only look like an innocent kite. Anyone ever done this?
=============================
Yup that is possible..Marconi did it a while back....Check out the History of Marconi.I have flown Kites myself with a battery pack and pulsateing LEDS to light up the night sky over at Haulover Beach on Collins ave.Miami...Just be carefull that you are not in Louisianna right now...you might get zapped by a thunderbolt from the heavens above...Chinaman say.."No fly kite in storm"

Now if you really wanna seea real world applied useless and money wasteing example of the above idea,come on down to the Florida Keys and check out TV MARTI set up by a bunch of Republican Politicians in order to Broadcast to Cuba..subversive undermineing thru electronics means.

Well according to numerous reports from wayback,and the latest one by Peter Jennings ABC,no one receives those transmissions in CUBA...Blocked by "FYDEL" and his group of 'FYDELISTAS' Pirate TV ECM...Oh Brother...here we again wasteing tax payers money to further the self centered egotistic Political aspirations of a few CUBAN Politicians.

Now here is a twist to the idea proved to be a real world feasible rendition ..Acqui en Miami Los tenemeos una organization que se illama "Hermanos Al Rescate"..Brothers to the rescue..They used to fly lookout missions across the straits of Florida to provide early warning and food drops to the "Boat Pipel"(Boat people..'fugees..asylum seekers etc.etc.) who dared the tempestious Seas to seek freedom here in this Country...Nice volunteer effort..and they also would lookout for the Haitian Rafters too...even though the Haitian 'fugees were processed with less restrictions than the CUBAN counterparts.

Now here is what i would suggest to be a better idea..Shut that TV MARTI DOWN..QUITA LO..NUNCA MAS..CERRA_LO Porque? because all that is doing is Broadcasting signals that not even the Sharks in the water wanna hear..Que Mierda eso se dicen!

The money saved from the TV MARTI CLOSURE would then be used elsewhere..Por ejemplo..Ponga lo en los manos del 'Hermanos Al Rescate' to continue provideing lookout flight missions for more 'fugees..i mean you all know that they are gonna be comeing over once again,and also you never know they might even alert TSA as to the Possible terroist maneuveres via the Sea....and also as they demonstrated(Brothers to the Rescue) that TV Transmissions can be delivered to CUBA (useing minimal power due to the height gain advantage from the Aircraft flight level) with good will messages to the people of CUBA as well as Fidel Castro that he needs to change the Status quo a bit,in order to allow fellow cubanos y otra gente para visitar las familias que todavia estan en CUBA y tambien para permitir Touristas a visitar Habbana y dejar Pesos Americanos....eso es que se illama "Smart thinking Fidel".

The results gained by the Test Flight performed by Los Hermanos Al Rescate proves that TV MARTI ES UNA MIERDA RIP OFF OF TAX PAYERS MONEY...JUST TO PROVIDE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR A FEW SELECT CUBAN INTERESTS.TAKE THAT CRAP OFF THE AIR..AND PROVIDE FUNDING FOR THE BROTHERS TO THE RESCUE,AND ALSO PLACE THE REMAINING CHANGE(MONEY)TO FURTHER BOOST THE SALARIES OF THE TEACHERS SO THAT THEY CAN DEAL WITH THE ADDED RESPOSIBILITY OF THE FCAT.

By so doing one may find that fewer and fewer Latinos especially... and other minorities would be able to pass the FCAT without difficulty etc.etc.

So me thinks anyway.

Respects..StormiNorm..or as my Latino Amigos affectionately call me.."NEGRO"..Un Placer como siempre
greekflavour
Regular poster
Regular poster

Nice

Post by greekflavour »

:lol:
Just wondering who is going to be holding the kite in the air while you transmit because who ever it is going to want more money than what you will be making besides the fact that he might get shock by lightning.
I think idealy you would have to attach the aerial/kite to the dog and give him a bone!!!

nice
ohanaradio
New registered user
New registered user

Post by ohanaradio »

How about a balloon? Helium tanks are inexpensive if you are using a light weight antennae. I am considering this option if my xmitter ever gets shipped.
North Shore Ohana Radio
Reinstated Kingdom of Hawaii
marek
Regular poster
Regular poster

Post by marek »

The lightning shouldn't be a problem since that always can be prevented. What I'm thinking of is that the cable has to be long hence thick hence heavy resulting that the balloon would have to be quite big. You would have to have extra cables to hold it. It would be easily observed and if it's TV it's not suitable since the balloon moves. You would get disturbances and the picture probably would be like those transmissions from a different planet in Sci-Fi movies.