15W FM broadcasting transmitter, replacement for old MAX PRO 3+
The new MAX PRO 2000+ FM exciter v2.0 is a simplified version of our MAX PRO 3000+ board and a direct replacement for our old and extremely popular MAX PRO 3+ board covering entire FM band from 87.5 to 108MHz without any tuning. Although this version lacks some of the features of the MAX PRO 3000+ it still represents a big improvement over the old MAX PRO 3+ with hot features such as power/swr readout on LCD, temperature readout on LCD, new easy connect Maxlink/I2C socket, improved silent cooling system, supply voltage readout on LCD and LCD-adjustable SWR/TEMP alarm with protection and many others (see manual)!
The design of the MAX PRO 2000+ is the result of over 1,000 hours of research and development, encompassing mathematical analysis, computer simulation and modeling, and numerous prototypes and experiments spanning over a one year period. The result is a rugged, high quality FM exciter designed to run silently and cool 24/7.
The MAX PRO 2000+ v2 is purposely over-engineered, using the very best components and materials that can be located. MAX PRO 2000+ is built the way you would build it for yourself if you had the time, knowledge, money, and inclination to do so. Why wait? Your dream FM transmitter/exciter can be yours in just days!
This FM exciter/transmitter carries a one year limited warranty on parts and labor against defects in materials and workmanship, excepting the RF final transistor.
You can find the manual for this (and other products)
What is new in MAXPRO2000+ v2?
- New type of output transistor, much easier to replace.
- (ALC) Maximum power limit trimmer
- A number of small improvements
How is MAXPRO2000+ different from MAX PRO3000+?
- No input for external power/swr reading
- No audio level display on LCD
- Power adjustable only via LCD (not possible to set it via trimmer)
- No ON/OFF switch on board
- No fuse on board
- No fine frequency adjustment trimmer
- Smallest available PLL step only 50KHz
The rest of the specifications are pretty much identical to MAX PRO 3000+
What is the Predrilled LCD front panel?
This is a retangular piece of aluminum with predrilled holes for LCD display, buttons and LED diodes. It also has 4 holes in the corner so you can easily mount this to your case. This makes it much easier to mount the transmitter into a nice looking case (eliminates the hard work with the LCD).
- RF Output Power: 0 to 15 Watts (18W max., 10-15W typical, fully variable via LCD)
- Output connector: BNC
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Frequency Range: 87.5-108MHz
- PLL Steps: 50KHz
- Frequency stability: +/- 100Hz
- Spurious/Harmonic rejection: Harmonics: >50dB, Spurious: -90dB
- Power Supply: 11-15V/3A or car battery (does not require 15V anymore)
- Power connector: 2.1mm power socket, center (+)
- Quartz Locked PLL Frequency Control
- Ultra Stable, Ultra Clean Output
- Audio performance: Less than 0.2% distortion, 20Hz-75KHz
- RF output ruggedness: SWR protection
- Polarity protection, temp protection
- Pre-emphasis, 50uS, 75uS or none
- Audio Input Impedance: 10Kohm, unbalanced
- Audio Input Level: 0 dB
- S/N ratio: >90 dB
- PC Board Size: Same as MAX PRO 3+, 100x125mm
- Audio connectors: RCA jack, optional MCX
NOTE: To use this unit with LCD display you also need to order LCD
display unit. MAXPRO2000+ can also be used without LCD display (DIP switches).
To purchase an antenna or coaxial cable etc check under transmitter accesories!