HOT new product, first 1800W pallet amplifier!
Designed for FM radio transmitters, this amplifier uses a pair of BLF188XR
push-pull transistor to produce a minimum 1800W! In a design where performance
was top priority the cost of this product is still reasonably priced. In terms
of performance it is in a class of its own at a price that is much lower than
4 x SD2942 or 6 x BLF278/MRF151G. Please note efficiency is >%
This module is ideal for building 1500W transmitters. With a P1dB point over
1800W there is plenty of margin to overcome low pass filter and directional
This product is provided for experienced FM transmitter fabricators only. If
you are not experienced please buy a complete module or a rack-mounted completed
- 43-50 Volts
- 87.5-108 MHz
- BLF188XR 50volt LDMOS Technology.
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout 1800W min. with 8 watt input
- 20 dB gain minimum
- Heavy duty output hybrid is rated for 2000W.
- Low distortion class B push-pull
- Temperature compensated bias designed by NXP
- 75-80% efficiency
- Size; LxWxH: 127 x 221 x 40mm
- 1/4 inch copper base.
- Weight: 3Kg
Note: This product can be supplied with BLF178XR or BLF178P on request.
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.