***New design with close to 80% efficency and low harmonic output***
When a design engineer is allowed to develop a product without regard to cost we usually end up with a product that offers great performance but at too high price. Our goal was to design the best 1KW module in the world and then reduce the cost later. In a design where performance was top priority the cost of this product is still reasonably priced. In terms of performance it is in a class of its own at a price that is much lower than a 3 x SD2942 or 4 x BLF278/MRF151G.
- 32-50 Volts @ 32 - 36ADC
This module is ideal for building 1000W transmitters. With a P1dB point over 1200W there is plenty of margin to overcome low pass filter and directional coupler losses.
Most system integrators need to combine multiple modules for higher power. Thanks to 90 degree hybrids these modules can be combined using standard Wilkinson combiners. 90 degree combining provides the best impedance match; therefore, driving low pass filters and combiners results in much lower reactions and losses.
Model PCS LPF 1200W is the only qualified low pass filter for this product. Using any other filter may result in lower power output and voids all warranties. System integrators who plan to provide their own low pass filter must implement a diplexer with resistive harmonic absorber. This will reduce the amount of heat produced by RF output LDMOS and extend the life expectancy of the amplifier.
This product is provided for experienced FM transmitter fabricators only. If you are not experienced please buy a complete module or a rack-mounted completed amplifier.
- BLF574 50volt LDMOS Technology.
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout 1200W min. 4 watt input**
- P1dB 1225W typical.
- 25 dB gain minimum.
- Heavy duty output hybrid is rated for 2000W.
- Class B push-pull.
- Temperature compensated bias designed by NXP.
- Size; LxWxH 220x127x38,1mm (8.7 x 5 x 1.5 inches)
- 1/4 inch copper base.
- Weight: about 2Kg
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.