50W DIGITAL TV transmitter package that won't break the bank
Are you dreaming of setting up a cheap digital TV transmitter. Now you finally can! We are now selling combinations of exciter + amplifier which can be used to form a small digital TV station. For now this low cost solution exists only for MPEG-2 standard. If you need other standards please check here. Please note that exciter/modulator, amplifier and antenna are included in the package.
Technical specifications for modulator:
- Digital Terrestrial TV
- Number of TV channels transmitted: 1 single channel
- Frequency range: 460-862 MHz (UHF)
- Selectable Video/Audio PID
- Editable Channel name
- Video encoding: H.264 MP@L 3.0/3.1/4.0 (from 480p@30FPS to 1080p@30FPS)
- Audio encoding: MPEGI layer 2, MPEG-2 AAC
- Input: HDMI x1
- DVB-T COFDM modulator
- QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- Friendly programming via LCD
Technical specifications for amplifier:
- Mains power: 110-240V (50/60Hz) universal input, mains cable not included (same as used for PC)
- Frequency band: 470-850 MHz
- 66dB gain max (please specify your desired exciter power level at desired frequency when ordering)
- BLF881 50volt LDMOS Technology.
- Input/Output 50 ohms, N female connectors
- Pout: 50W max
- Weight: 4Kg
What is included in the package:
- Digital TV exciter module
- Special 50W UHF amplifier with very high gain in a compact practical aluminum enclosure with integrated mains power supply.
- Suitable UHF TV antenna for low end of UHF band (470-500MHz). If you want to cover entire UHF band consider this antenna instead.
- 8m of H-2000 or similar coaxial cable with connectors
What else do you need?
- Mains power cable (same as used for PC) for your country
- Video source with HDMI output
- Suitable location to install antenna
- Due to the high gain of this system some distance between exciter and antenna is required. All connections should be made with shielded coaxial cable. Please ensure your antenna is well away from the amplifier and the exciter. This means at least 5 meters, preferably on the roof some meters above your work area.
- RF amplifiers are sensitive devices. Amplifier can be burned by applying too much drive power, connecting mismatched load or no load at all or by causing oscillation (by having antenna close to exciter or input to this amplifier).