EPIC CYBERMAX+ SERIES NOW BASED ON MAX PRO 7015+ FM EXCITERS AND BETTER
THAN EVER BEFORE
V5 is out! CYBER
MAX FM+ 15W are the smallest from our line of our rack mounted FM transmitter
series for demanding broadcasters, operating in the whole band II, from 87.5
to 108 MHz (operation below 87.5MHz is possible as well at reduced power output,
read manual on how to enable Japanese band).
Transmitter consists of an advanced FM exciter (MAX PRO 7015+ series) and DSP
stereo encoder including pre-emphasis circuit, active low-pass filter, limiter,
compressor and even DSP audio processor. Advanced FM exciter guarantees 15W of clean signal. No tuning is necessary, design is entirely wideband.
All you have to do is set the frequency and change sound processing parameters,
if desired. SWR, temperature and polarity protection make it very difficult
to destroy the unit. Unit is housed in a brand-new 1H professional 19" rack,
new design is lighter and RF tight (does not leak RF). It is rugged and made
for 24/7/365 operation. Each unit has a wide-angle high contrast backlit LCD
display. For a list of improvements in version 3 look below. This unit can give
a minimum of 15W of clean RF power at supply voltage of up to 15V.
RDS parameters can be programmed with the help of a PC via USB cable (this requires
RDS encoder, USB/RS232 cable and software are included). RDS encoder does not
require PC once the settings are stored.
All our manuals and software are available here.
What's new in version 5:
- Top FM exciter used (MAXPRO7015+)
- New audio input board with LC filters and protection
- Better S/N ratio and overall performance
What parameters can I change via remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
- Frequency range 87.5 to 108MHz (Japanese band supported as well, check manual)
- PLL step (50/100/200KHz can be selected)
- Output power: 15W, adjustable from 0 to max via LCD in nice even steps
- Output impedance: 50 unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- RF output connector: BNC female (rear panel)
- Audio input connectors: RCA (cinch) and XLR (DSP version)
- Audio level: 1Vpp
- Audio input impedance: 10Kohms
- Pre-emphasis: Flat, 50 or 75usec, adjustable
- RF Spurious: >-80 dBc @ +- 1MHz min. away from carrier
- RF Harmonics: > -55 dBc Standard
- Monitoring Led: Power on, SWR/TEMP/PLL error
- Harmonic distortion (THD): > 0,1% ( 0,05% typ. )
- Channel separation: 40 dB min., ( 55 dB typ. ), 20Hz to 15kHz
- Power supply: DC 12-15V/2.5A (15W)
- Standard 19" 1HE rack, 13cm deep (about 5")
- Weight 2kg
Note: This popular unit is available in 3 versions.
- DSP version has a profesional DSP stereo encoder and no RDS
- DSP/RDS version has both, profesional DSP stereo encoder and RDS encoder
- MONO version without stereo encoder for those who prefer to use external MPX
processor or MPX wireless link
|Full unit name
||obsolete, no longer available
|Model B (DSP)
|Model C (DSP/RDS)
|Model D/E (MPX)
What are the benefits of DSP stereo encoder?
Very shart input filters with a deep 19KHz notch, advanced signal
processing with compressor and limiter, all adjustable via LCD display
How do I improve my sound even further?
Consider dedicated high quality audio processor such as these
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off. Serial programming cable for COM port
What is the Ethernet remote control module for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network. You can control and monitor the status of your transmitter over Ethernet or Internet.
What is "Mobile phone remote control (SMS)"?
Connects to the RS232 port at the back of your transmitter and enables remote control of the transmitters via GSM phone network. SIM card and contract not included. Commands and alarms are sent and received via SMS. An app exists for Android phones.
What is the "Install N female for RF output" option for?
Standard antenna output of this transmitter is BNC. If you prefer N female, choose this option and we will remove BNC connector and replace it with N female connector.
What is the "Matching 2KW FM broadcast AMPLIFIER"?
This is a 2KW FM band amplifier. You can connect it to this exciter to increase output power.
Where can I buy everything I need to start in a package, including antenna and everything else?
You can check our All-inclusive
transmitter packages, these include antenna, coaxial cable and
mains power supply. Another way to go would be to select your preferred antenna
here and coaxial
cable with connectors here, this way you can configure your own package.
To purchase accesories (antennas and coaxial cable) for this transmitter look
accessories, radio essentials kit A is especially recommended.