SE+ (special edition) in 2H rack with large LCD
It could easily fit into 1H rack, but 2H gives it space for a large 4x16 LCD, internal mains power supply, oversized heatsink and larger fan. The result is a quietly running transmitter running at lower temperature. CYBER
MAX FM+ SE+ are based on our latest exciters and stereo encoders (MAXPRO6000+ and SE6000 series) covering the whole band II, from 87.5
to 108 MHz.
Transmitter consists of an advanced FM exciter (MAX PRO 6000+ series) and DSP
stereo encoder including pre-emphasis circuit, active low-pass filter, limiter,
compressor and even DSP audio processor. Advanced FM exciter guarantees clean signal. No tuning is necessary, design is entirely wideband.
All you have to do is set the frequency and change sound processing parameters,
if desired. SWR, temperature and polarity protection make it very difficult
to destroy the unit. Unit is housed in a brand-new 1H professional 19" rack,
new design is lighter and RF tight (does not leak RF). It is rugged and made
for 24/7/365 operation. Each unit has a wide-angle high contrast backlit LCD
display. For a list of improvements in SE+ version look below.
RDS parameters can be programmed with the help of a PC via USB cable. RDS encoder does not
require PC once the settings are stored.
All our manuals and software are available here.
What's new in SE+ version:
- Better FM exciter boards
- New 4x16 LCD type with rotary button and password lockdown
- New SE6000 stereo encoders, much less noise, much better separation
- Digital audio input via USB
- 2H rack with internal mains power supply (no external power supply needed anymore)
- VU meter moved to LCD display
- Larger fan can run slow and generates less noise
- Better efficiency, less generated heat and better heatsink
- Shows output power on LCD in watts
- Modular construction, individual modules can be exchanged easily, if broken
- Easy change of frequency (UP/DOWN keys, no tuning required)
- Low distortion
- SWR protection
- RDS option
- Friendly user interface
- Cost effective, light, small and practical
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
- Frequency range 87.5 to 108MHz (ask for other bands)
- Smallest PLL step 100KHz
- Output power: 15W/25W/50W/100W depending on model, adjustable from 0 to max via LCD in nice even steps
- Output impedance: 50 unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- RF output connector: 50ohm BNC female (rear panel, N female available on request)
- Audio input connectors: RCA (cinch) and XLR, USB for digital audio
- Audio level: 1Vpp
- Audio input impedance: 10Kohms
- Pre-emphasis: Flat, 50 or 75usec, adjustable
- RF Spurious: >-75 dBc @ +- 1MHz min. away from carrier
- RF Harmonics: > -55 dBc Standard
- Monitoring Led: Power on, SWR/TEMP/PLL error
- Harmonic distortion (THD): > 0,1% ( 0,05% typ. )
- Channel separation: 50 dB min., ( 55 dB typ. ), 20Hz to 15kHz
- Power supply: 110-240V 1A 50/60Hz universal input (mains cable not included)
- Standard 19" 2HE rack, 125mm deep (about 5")
- Weight about 6kg (volumetric)
Note: Special edition is available in 2 versions.
- Stereo RDS version (very good analog stereo encoder with compressor and a sharp notch at 19KHz) plus RDS
- Stereo DSP version with DSP stereo encoder plus RDS
|Full unit name
|SE+ STEREO RDS
||CyberMaxFM+ SE+ STEREO
|SE+ STEREO DSP RDS
||CyberMaxFM+ SE+ STEREO DSP RDS
What is included?
- USB cable and mains cable are NOT included (they are standard items, you can buy them in local computer or hardware shops, mains cable is the same plug-in type as used for your PC)
How much range can I expect?
You can read more about range in this guide HERE.
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off.
What is the replacement final transistor?
You can buy this just to have a handy replacement transistor in case it gets damaged some time in the future, for example if there is a lightning strike.
What is the Ethernet remote control module for?
- This add-on card lets you connect this transmitter to the PC via Ethernet network. You can control and monitor the status of your transmitter over Ethernet or Internet.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
- A high quality mixer with telephone hybrids, such as this very popular unit.
- Professional broadcasting microphone with noise-free stand, such as this
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card. Add SAM
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Requires mains plug which can be purchased in your country (each country
has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard mains plug and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You
can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any
computer store etc. Always use grounded plug for your safety!
- You will also need antenna, you can order one HERE
- You will also coaxial cable to connect antenna and transmitter, you can order
- You will probably need some connectors as well, it is good to have several
adapters ready as well as they always come handy, check HERE
- You will need audio source (mixer, cd player, microphone etc). It is a good
idea to use PC as audio source and run some kind of audio scheduling software,
such as Jazler, Raduga or winamp. Winamp plugins such as rocksteady exist and
can make your sound even better.
Where can I buy everything I need to start in a package, including
antenna and everything else?
You can check our All-inclusive
transmitter packages, these include antenna, coaxial cable and
mains power supply. Another way to go would be to select your preferred antenna
here and coaxial
cable with connectors here, this way you can configure your own package.