New Professional DSP RDS Encoder with LCD display
The new CyberMaxRDS 4000+ professional RDS encoder is a high-performance RDS encoder utilizing several on-board DSP processors. CyberMaxRDS 4000+ gives you easy access to a wide array of RDS parameters. New features, such as fast PS scrolling, external switchable scrollable messages, LCD display, increased number of available PS (if you need more just drop us an email, there's plenty of space left), EON support, DSP filters, wastly improved board layout, and many others, all make this encoder a real bargain. This is your perfect gateway into the world of RDS!
Installing RDS encoder can hardly be easier than this:
- If RDS only model insert encoder between stereo encoder and FM exciter (or connect it directly to the MPX input)
- RDS + stereo just connect encoder to the FM exciter (connect it directly to the MPX input)
- Set RDS carrier level and optionally set phase (usually not required)
- Connect mains power
- Connect RS232 or USB cable, install windows program and program RDS parameters
Here is the English manual for the new RDSMAX 4000+ RDS encoder
Here is the driver for USB IO board for XP, W2K and Vista
Here is the English Windows XP program for the new RDSMAX 4000+ RDS encoder
Special care has been taken to make this encoder as easy to install as possible. Special DSP filter will extract the 19KHz carrier much more reliably than the usual LC filters used by competition. Pilot extraction now also tolerates a wide range of signal levels making installation a lot less complicated process. As for the RDS carrier output signal, a jumper has been installed to enable extra high output levels for those installations requiring more signal. We took much longer to bring this product out as the previous versions and it shows, the list of improvements is pretty long.
Compatibility with any RDS tuner out there is guaranteed. CyberMaxRDS 4000+ can also pick up MP3 ID tag from Winamp and transmit it as PS or radiotext on your RDS-enabled receiver. PS scrolling and scrolling external messages are supported as well. Jazler and ZaraSoft are already supported due to compatibility with the RDSMAX 30+. In short, if you're using your PC and WinAmp or Jazler to play your audio over the transmitter, now you'll finally be able to send the song and artist name to your listeners! Among other features are dynamic PS (also in stand alone mode, without a PC), PTY, TA, RT, CT, ECC, EON, AF, PI, M/S, TP and others. New enhanced DSP circuitry makes it easy to lock CyberMaxRDS 4000+ to stereo pilot. Connection to the PC is via standard RS232 cable or USB.
Why is CyberMaxRDS 4000+ so great?:
- Ready to use in 19" rack enclosure with mains power supply
- Extended number of PS to 100 (more than that are not practical for the GUI, although there is lots of SRAM space left).
- Faster PS scrolling now possible, also for external switchable messages.
- Completely glitch-free under all conditions.
- LCD display shows all important RT parameters.
- 8 external messages now supported, up to 64 characters each, scrollable.
- No problem with any RDS radio tuner out there
- High quality RDS signal, provided by 3! separate on-board processors
- Basic EON support
- TA jumper on the board, for easy and convenient TA toggle
- Full protocol details and basic windows driver is freely available if you want to experiment with the unit
- Requires mains power, 110-220V/50-60Hz
- MPX output Impedance: 75 Ohms, unbalanced
- MPX input Impedance: 10K Ohms, unbalanced
- Memory data retaining period: 45 years
- On-Board real-time-clock data retaining period: 1-2 days
- Format: 1H rack enclosure
- Audio connectors: MPXin, MPXout and 19KHz pilot, all BNC
- RDS carrier: 57KHz, phase locked to stereo pilot or internally generated (mono)
- RDS carrier level: 0 - 4V, adjustable with jumper and trimmer
- RS232 port speed: 2400, 14400 or 19200 or 38400bps
- High Quality Digitally Generated RDS carrier with LC filter
- Audio Input/Output Level: 0 dB (input level is preserved at output - no level change by the unit)
- RS232/USB connectivity with a PC
- True Galvanic Isolation from RS232 (PC) port, preventing ground loops (hum), a feature not found in competing units out there
- Included program supports all Windows flavours! Jazler and Zarasoft are supported (use 14400bsp port speed).
This encoder will work independently from the PC (memory stays unchanged for at least 45 years after power-off, RTC 1-2 days).
If you want to play with the windows driver, a basic version is included on the installation CD so you can start immediately (it is written in Visual Basic60). Entire protocol has been simplified and is now really easy to use.
Supported by ZaraSoft and Jazler!
PCS Elektronik d.o.o. reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without notice.