CYBERMAX FM+ 1000W FM TRANSMITTERS WITH DSP AND RDS
V3 is out! CYBER MAX FM+ now contain our new MAX PRO 5015+ FM exciter finally
bringing direct power readout and a wide range of other functions. CYBER MAX
FM+ is the first from a line of rack mounted FM transmitter series for demanding
broadcasters, operating in the whole band II, from 87.5 to 108 MHz (operation
below 87.5MHz is possible as well at reduced power output, read manual on how
to enable Japanese band). This unit in large 2H 19" rack enclosure contains
mains power supply and offers plenty of power (950-1100W). Six heavy-duty ball-bearing
80x80mm cooling fans with protection mesh will take care of any excessive heat
easily. Transmitter consists of a stereo encoder with pre-emphasis circuit,
active low-pass filter, our professional series PLL synthesizer, wideband no-tune
RF stage with temp protection, good output RF filter and optional RDS and/or
DSP processor. You can select the performance range (model A/B/C/D/E) that is
most suitable for your budget. Unit is rugged and made for 24/7/365 operation,
each comes with a wide-angle high contrast backlit LCD display. In our opinion
the best quality/price ratio possible.
RDS parameters can be programmed with the help of a PC via USB cable.
This unit can give up to 1100W of clean RF power, but this is not recommended
for long term operation.
All our manuals and software are available here,
system is based on MAX PRO 5015+, SE5000 DSP+ stereo encoder and RDS MAX 4000+
- New much better exciter MAX PRO 5015+
- Great stereo sound with excellent separation
- USB or RS232 remote control via PC
- Standard 19" 2H rack, clean design and high quality manufacturing
- Low distortion and good Signal/Noise ratio
- Modular construction, internal boards can be replaced one by one
- Built-in CPU system for controlling and monitoring
- Easy change of frequency and other parameters (UP/DOWN keys, no tuning required)
- TEMP protection
- SWR protection
- Professional grade RDS encoder!
- Friendly user interface, keys can be locked with an internal jumper
- In our opinion the best quality/price ratio possible.
- Industrial quality and rugged switching-mode power supply
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
- Output power: 1000W (900-1100W typ), power is adjustable via LCD
- Output impedance 50 unbalanced, VSWR less than 2:1 for full output
- Output connector 7/16 female (rear panel )
- Frequency range 87.5 to 108MHz
- Smallest PLL step 6.25KHz (12.5/25/50/100 can be selected as well)
- RF Spurious > -80 dBc @ +- 1MHz min. out of carrier
- RF Harmonics > -60 dBc Standard
- Monitoring Led: Power on, SWR/TEMP/PLL warning
- Modulation capability: FM
- Audio connectors: RCA (cinch) or XLR (DSP version)
- Audio level required: 1Vpp
- Audio input impedance: 10Kohms resistive, balanced
- Pre-emphasis Flat, 50 or 75usec
- Harmonic distortion ( THD ) <0.1% ( 0.05% typ. )
- Channel separation 50 dB min., ( 65 dB typ. ), 20Hz to 15kHz, DSP model
- S/N Ratio with CCIR unweighted: 80dB
- S/N Ratio with CCIR weighted: 78dB
- Frequency amplitude: 0.5dB, 30Hz - 15kHz
- AC mains power: 110-240V 50/60Hz universal, works everywhere on this planet
- Ambient temperature: -5° to +45°C
- External dimensions ( W x D x H ) 19" x depth (492mm) x height 2HE (88mm)
- Weight 13kg
Note: CyberMax FM+ is available in 3 versions.
- ANALOG version has a very good analog stereo encoder with compressor and a sharp
notch at 19KHz
- DSP version has a profesional DSP stereo encoder
- MONO version without stereo encoder for those with no need for stereo
|Full unit name
||CyberMaxFM+ SE ANALOG
||CyberMaxFM+ SE DSP
||CyberMaxFM+ SE MONO
What are the benefits of DSP stereo encoder?
Very shart input filters with a deep 19KHz notch, advanced signal processing
with compressor and limiter, all adjustable via LCD display. The number
of settings is indeed quite fascinating, you can also set gain for each audio
channel, compression ratio etc.
How much range can I expect?
You can read more about range in this guide HERE.
1000W can give you up to 60km of range in favourable conditions with good antenna
high above terrain and good receivers used on the other side.
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off. Serial programming cable for COM port
is included. RDS requires RDS upgrade option so be sure to add it, if you need
What can I use as audio source?
- A high quality mixer with telephone hybrids, such as this one.
- Professional broadcasting microphone with noise-free stand, such as this
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card. Add SAM
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
What else might I need to run a radio station?
- Requires mains cable, which can be purchased in your country (each country
has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard cable used
in your PC for example and its price is typically around 1 US$ and less. You
can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any
computer store etc.
- You will also need antenna, you can order one HERE
- You will also coaxial cable to connect antenna and transmitter, you can order
- You will probably need some connectors as well, it is good to have several
adapters ready as well as they always come handy, check HERE
- Depending on your location you might need a licence as well, check your local
Where can I buy everything I need to start in a package, including antenna
and everything else?
You can check our All-inclusive
transmitter packages, these include antenna, coaxial cable and
mains power supply. Another way to go would be to select your preferred antenna
here and coaxial
cable with connectors here, this way you can configure your own package.