The solution offered here is a low cost audio over IP system for STL's, back ups and remotes that gets your audio from A to B easily, over Ethernet or Wlan networks and the
internet. The Barix Instreamer and Exstreamer 100 are versatile network audio
over IP devices. They enable users to create flexible, cost-effective distributed
audio systems using standard IP technology.
The Barix Exstreamer 100 plays MP3 as well as G.711 & PCM audio files from
PC or web server (http) as well as legacy digital and analog sources (using
the Barix Instreamer) and streams from sources like Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet
radio) or RTP servers (Instreamer).
The device is easily controlled by a standard webbrowser and with the optional
Barix IR remote control. With serial and Ethernet control APIs, the device can
also be managed from typical automation systems.
Installing the Barix Exstreamer 100 is fast and simple due to its unique features
SonicIP and IPzator: On power up the device findes a correct IP address and
announces it over the audio and headphone outputs! Used in pairs, both the Instreamer
100 and Exstreamer 100 are needed for a complete solution.
- 10/100 Mbit/s ethernet connection
- Streams from PC, Web, Shoutcast, Icecast and RTP servers in MP3 format
- Separate firmware for WMA and MP3 streaming (http, UDP, RTP) with automatic
failover and USB playback available
- Is easily controlled over standard web browser (PC, palm, etc.), IR remote
- API (serial, TCP, UDP, cgi)
- Audio Formats: MP3 up to 192 kBit fixed & variable bit rates,G.711(uLaw/aLaw
@ 8 or 24 kHz) and PCM (16bit @ 8^or 24 kHz) in a future release, WMA (separate
- Audio Interfaces: Stereo RCA, 3.5 mm Headphone Jack, both 4Vpp max (8Vpp in
bridge output mode), bass and treble adjustable by browser
- Network Interface: RJ45 10/100 Mbit Ethernet (Auto),TCP/IP, UDP, RTP,
DHCP, SNMP, AutoIP, SonicIP, IPzator
- Control Interfaces: RS-232 DSub 9pin male, 300..115200 Baud ,optional
IR Remote kit
- Two LED (red and green) status indicators, reset/factory default button USB1.1
interface for memory sticks (FAT16)
- Power requirements: 9 to 30VDC / 12 to 24VAC, 4 Watt max. power supply included,
continental EU type mains plug (use adapters if needed)
- Case: Metal, 250g, 4.25" x 1.5" x 3.1" 108mm x 38mm x 78.7mm
- Operating temperature / humidity: 0 - 40°Celsius / 32 - 104 Deg. Fahrenheit,
0-70% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Certifications: FCC B, CE B, RoHS compliant (lead free)
- User Interface: Browser based, serial port or Ethernet control API for automation
systems, integrated web server for control and configuration
- Ethernet cable is not included (use any standard ethernet cable)
What if I need professional XLR connectors at the encoder and decoder?
Than go for "Professional audio over IP STL link - XLR". This
solution also gives you 500 series encoder and decoder with more options and
better sound quality. The photo is symbolic, actually pro encoders are about
2x wider than the budget version.
How do I use these audio IP encoders/decoders?
If you have internet available at the studio and at the transmitter site
just purchase the "Audio over IP STL link" or the pro variant with
XLR connectors. It includes IP audio encoder and decoder (2 devices) with mains
power supply. You will be able to configure these at each of the sites so you
can send audio from studio to any remote location.
What if I don't have internet available at both locations?
In that case consider the wireless ethernet bridge described below, this
lets you connect wirelessly at a distance of up to about 30km. Exact distance
can vary depending on terrain configuration and in-band interference from other
services, optical path from site to site should be clean.
Wireless bridge 2Km (50km with grid antennas)
With a Transmit range of up to 2Km(built-in antenna) or 50Km (with grid antenna), a couple of these units will allow
flexibility with your STL in a point to point configuration. This is an integrated solution for building wireless bridges operating in 2.4GHz band. One of these units is installed at the studio, the other at the transmitter site. There needs to be optical visibility. The units casing is made of UV resistant plastic and is resistant to even the most severe weather conditions. The device features built-in surge protection.
The wireless bridge operates in Router or Bridge mode, it can also serve as WISP (wireless internet service provider) so you can provide internet to the area.
WIRELESS BRIDGE SPECIFICATIONS:
Output power: 27dBm
Frequency Band: 2.4GHz , 802.11 b/g
Memory: 16MB DDR
External antenna connector: RP-SMA
Power: 12V or PoE (Power over Ethernet injector included)
One 10/100 Fast Ethernet RJ-45 (POE)
Temperature Range: Operation -30°C to 75°C (humidity 5-95%)
Dimensions: 265×120×83 mm