Designed for FM radio transmitters, these Teflon splitter combiner assemblies are ideal for splitting and combining FM signals in the 88-108MHz frequency range.
90 degree quadrature combiners are the best way to combine 2 identical RF amplifier modules. The problem with "in phase" splitters is they allow the PA module impedances to interact with each other. This interaction can cause power loss and efficiency problems when operating at very high power levels. The 90 degree "quadrature" combiner cancels all of these reactances.
In a quadrature combiner the PA modules will combine perfectly when both modules have the same input and output impedances. The input and output impedance of the combiners will be perfect 50 ohms. (well we think -25dB return loss! is really good)
This combiner will handle up to 2000 watts because of its extremely low loss characteristics and Teflon construction.
The combiner and flange mount 100 ohm resistor must be secured to a heat sink to insure a good ground and to keep the pcb cool. An AutoCad/DXF file showing the mounting hole locations is available upon request.
- 90 +/- 0.5 degree phase shift between input ports at 98MHz.
- 2000 watt power rating.
- 0.15dB maximum power loss.
- PCB measures 3.5 inches x 11.0 inches
- PCB accepts standard Anaren or Florida RF labs 500 watt 100 ohm microwave resistor (included).
- PCB is 0.093 inch Teflon with ceramic filler 2oz copper. Tightly controlled dielectric constant.
- Performs just like an Anaren 3dB hybrid coupler.
- Input return loss: better than -30dB
- Output return loss: better tham -25dB
- Model: 2000W Teflon combiner PCB Only
- Shipping Weight: 0.2Kg
- Bare PCB, one piece
What's needed but is not included:
- 500W 100ohm RF resistor (RF labs or Anaren)