DIGITAL TELEPHONE HYBRID (Two line digital telephone hybrid)
What is a Telephone hybrid?
- Telephone hybrids provide the interface between professional audio equipment
and the public telephone network. They provide protection for your equipment
and the public telephone lines, allowing for varying line signals and line conditions.
Automatically cancelling out the unwanted signal they also facilitate two-way
communication down a single telephone line.
PhoneX is an entirely digital telephone hybrid with DSP (Digital Signal Processor)
audio processing, expressly studied to offer high audio performance for the
broadcast market. PhoneX controls two PSTN/POTS two-wire analog lines; an external
GSM modem can be connected to each telephone line. The digital audio processing
system offers high performance and excellent send/receive ratio. PhoneX can
be controlled from the front panel, from a PC using dedicated software, via
web page and using GPIO and TCP/IP type commands.
- Double telephone hybrid with Digital Audio Processing
- Device configuration: 2 Pots lines/ 2 GSM lines / 1 Pots line + 1 GSM
- Country/telephone line impedance selection via software
- Double balanced XLR (Line/Mic) analog I/O
- Balanced XLR AES/EBU digital I/O
- AGC and automatic equalisation of the telephone call
- Ducking, Attenuation, De-Noiser and Conference functions
- Management via Telco modules (N-1)
- Control and monitoring via Web page and dedicated software
- Radio/TV broadcasting station
- Recording studios
- Live productions
- Conferencing systems
- P.A. systems
- O.B Van
- The PhoneX audio processing is based on DSP which guarantees a high level
of separation between what is received and what is sent.
- The audio from the telephone line is processed by a two band equaliser, a
bandpass filter for the required frequencies, and a powerful AGC optimised for
- The De-Noiser eliminates noises such as hissing and buzzing during
calls; the Echo Canceller eliminates the echo during a call.
- The fully digital process and the perfect adaptation to telephone line
impedances eliminate unwanted noise during a call.
- Hybrid and telephone call management
- The two telephone hybrids of PhoneX can be managed separately as single
telephone hybrids or connected to each other.
- It is possible to control up to 4 hybrid devices connected in cascade,
up to a maximum of 8 lines at the same time.
- With this configuration, the conference function is available; this
allows for the simultaneous communication by phone between different people.
- Upon request the two analog lines can be fitted with two external GSM
devices connected directly to the PhoneX.
- A telephone can be connected to PhoneX to make a call and at the same
time, a telephone number can be dialled via software thanks to the incorporated
DTMF tone generator.
- PhoneX can automatically manage a call: after a certain number of rings
the telephone call is taken and it ends when the end of call signal is recognised.
- PhoneX is also equipped with an Attenuator and Ducking function that
reduces the volume of the call received by a set amount according to the telephone
hybrid audio input.
- This function is useful during a talk show or lively debates where
the hosts voice must be heard over that of guests speaking on the phone.
- PhoneX can be connected in different ways to external devices and to
a PC using three Rs-232 ports and an Ethernet LAN port (optional).
- PhoneX can be monitored and controlled also from a common web page
thanks to the built-in web server
- Dimensions: 1 rack unit, 352 x 483 x 44 mm
- AC Rate: 230Vac / 110Vac 50 Hz / 60 Hz 30VA
- Type of power supply: Transformer- based
- Processing Architecture: Fully digital. Based on DSP 24bit/100Mhz.
- Signal processing is performed by phase linear filters.
- Weight: 5 Kg
- Operating temp. range: - 5 to + 50 °C
- Compliance: ETSI TBR21, FCC Part68, ICASA, ACAM, AS/ACIF S002, NALTE
Please e-mail for full manual.