FM power dividers allow more than 1 antenna to be added to your antenna system to increase gain, range and sometimes to obtain desired radiation pattern. Every time you double number of antennas you get 3dB of gain (ok, there are also some minimal losses to consider). You need 6dB or a bit more of gain to double your range. This means upgrading your single dipole to 4-dipole antennas doubles your range and increases your effective radiated power to 4x of the initial value.
- 1kw transmitter + 1xdipole antenna: ERP=1KW, antenna gain = 0dBd
- 1kw transmitter + 2xdipole antenna: ERP=2KW, antenna gain = 3dBd
- 1kw transmitter + 4xdipole antenna: ERP=4KW, antenna gain = 6dBd
(This is assuming no losses in coaxial cable and combiners)
Several combiners are listed and described below, select the one that fits your requirements and budget best.
Coaxial splitter (2-way or 4-way), first two options down on the list
Low cost solution that gets the job done just fine. Coaxial cable to the antennas
does not have any connectors installed yet, you will have to do that. 3 cm of cable can be stripped to install a connector on each of the splitter cables. Cutting off any piece of coax would change
the frequency band of the splitter so be carefull.
- MAX Power handling: 750 Watts
- Inputs to antenna: No connector, you can strip 3cm on cable ends to install a connector
- VSWR: better than 1:1.5 (88-108MHz)
- Freq. range: 88-108 MHz(no tune)
- Output to transmitter: 750W
- Weight: 3Kg
Specifications for remaining splitters:
Simple to install, these power dividers are ideal for feeding an array of antennas to allow you to increase your signal coverage area, they are equipped with connectors. You will need inter-bay cables to connect the splitter to the individual dipoles. These cables should be 50 ohms and all of exactly the same length.
- Input connectors: N female, 7/16 or IEC (read product name, for example 2KW 4-way power divider (4xN female+7/16) means 4xN connectors going to antennas/dipoles)
- Output connectors: N female, 7/16 or IEC (read product name, for example 2KW 4-way power divider means 7/16 output connector going to transmitter)
- Maximum power handling: read product name, for example 2KW 4-way power divider (4xN female+7/16) means power handling is 2KW transmitter max
- Easy installation
Important: Due to large size and irregular shape of these packages the website
often gets shipping cost wrong. Also sometimes we have to use wooden case which
adds about 100 euro to the cost of antenna. For exact shipping cost please contact
our sales department, be sure to give them your exact address and they will
quote you shipping. It also does not hurt to ask for a special discount.
Recommended accesories: We recommend AA-170 antenna analyzer for checking SWR of the antennas. Grounding kits can be purchased here, they ensure lightning protection. They should be installed at the antenna (if needed, most dipoles are grounded anyway), at the tower base and at the point of entrance into transmitter building. Also use self-sealing tape which turns into rubber and protects against moisture from entering your antenna system.