800W 470-860MHz UHF TV Pallet Amplifier
This design is based on two NXP BLF888A 50V LDMOS transistors. The pallet is ideal for digital and analog TV broadcast applications. In DVB-T digital the pallet can do 180-200 watts and in 8VSB the pallet can do 200-250 watts. In analog TV application this amplifier can run typically 500W (IMD -45dBc) and up to 800 watts CW.
- 470-860MHz UHF TV
- 800W peak power
- Analog TV 45dBc 2 tone at 500Wps typical. (without precorrection)
- DVB-T / DVB-H power shoulder <-30dBc: 200-250W
- 19dB gain typical (17dB min)
- 50V nominal (52V, 40A absolute maximum)
- Efficiency (200W DVB-T): 22% min, 26% typ
- Efficiency (300W CW): 40% min, 48% typ
- Efficiency (500W Analog TV): 40% min, 52% typ
- Power out 1dB compression: 650W min, 800W typ
- Current consumption analog TV (black screen): 25A (500Wps)
- Temperature compensated bias
- Two LDMOS NXP BLF888A devices
- Input power 8 watts typical
- Operating temperature range -30 - +90 degrees C
- Load mismatch (full power, all phase angle): 6:1 max
- Size 115x85x33mm (4,52”x3,34”x1.32”)
- For more information please email.
- A good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier!
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.