600W XR FM pallet amplifier with Freescale LDMOS, extremely rugged
Designed primarily for FM application, with a
reliable power LDMOS device.
This amplifier is suitable for any CW or pulsed application. This module is for system integrators who will attach the pallet to their own cooling system (heatsink and fan) and incorporate their own low pass filter. Quantity discount is available! Detailed PDF manual available on request.
- Pout (min): 550 Watts
- Pout (nom): 600 Watts
- Pout(max): 650 Watts
- Frequency: 87,5-108MHz
- Power Gain: 24dB typ.
- Power Input: 2-6W
- Efficiency: 74-80% typ.
- Power: 48V nominal (30V-52V) at 20A max
- Device used: MRF6VP5600H or equivalent
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 140x68x21mm
- Operation: Class B
- In/out impedance: 50 ohm
- Power gain variation: +-1dB
- Second harmonic: -28dBc
- Third harmonic: -28dBc
- Load Mismatch (full power, all phase angle): 65:1 (XR version)
You can buy suitable accesories for this amplifier here. We recommend 1000W MW power supply, fans, RG142 coaxial cable for inter-connections and panel mount RF connectors.
- Very rugged, survives 65:1 VSWR
- No RF assembly or circuit tuning
- 550 watts min output power, 600W typical
- 24dB typical gain at 108MHz
- High efficiency MOSFET design
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low
power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier, design of equipment where the amplifier will be
mounted, must foresee an appropriate protection circuits. Max input level is + 6dB referred to
the typical input power.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please
reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between
efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have
sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be
burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using
proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting
mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long
leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you
that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our