FM wideband amplifier, with microstrip technology and BLF574 RF mosfet.
BLF574 was introduced recently and makes this amplifier possible with a single transistor. This eliminates the need for combiners and associated losses.
The BLF574 is the latest high performance technology from NXP. These new 50 volt LDMOS transistors are ideal for that 1KW amplifier project.
This pallet is intended for experienced transmitter builders only. An excellent heatsink with strong technical background in RF amplifiers is required.
Model PCS LPF 1200W is the only qualified low pass filter for this product. Using any other filter may result in lower power output and voids all warranties. System integrators who plan to provide their own low pass filter must forsee using a harmonic absorbing typology.
We sell a number of suitable heatsinks, fans and suitable racks for these pallets, check our website!
- Shipping Weight: 1.1Kg
- 86-110MHz 43-50V @ 15-17.5A
- Input/Output 50 ohms
- Pout 600W Minimum with a 2W input
- P1dB greater than 650W
- 25 dB gain minimum.
- Class B push-pull.
- Temperature compensated bias designed by NXP.
- Compact size; LxWxH 4.0 x 2.25 x 1.5 inches
- Standard 1/4 inch copper base
- Bias disable pads facilitate integration into amplifier systems that employ automatic VSWR protection.
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.