550W 470-860MHz UHF TV Pallet Amplifier
This design is based on the new NXP BLF878 42V LDMOS transistor. The pallet is ideal for digital and analog TV broadcast applications. In DVB-T digital the pallet can do 150 watts and in 8VSB the pallet can do 200 watts. In analog application this amplifier can run up to 550 watts peak-sync. The copper base is machined from Tellurium Copper alloy 145. This is a high grade copper and it gives the pallet base the best possible surface finish which promotes efficent thermal transfer to the mounting surface.
- 470-860MHz UHF TV
- 550W peak-sync analog power
- 19dB gain typical
- Temperature compensated bias
- LDMOS NXP BLF878 devices
- External bias with jumper selector
- Input power 7-8 watts typical
- Input return loss -20dB maximum
- 40% efficiency
- 90 degree low loss custom heavy duty hybrids
- 40dBc 2 tone at 500W PEP typical. (1MHz spacing)
- Alloy 145 1/4 inch copper base
- A good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier!
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.