THESE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES GETS YOU ON AIR IN MINUTES!
Also runs off the batteries (12-15V), practical for mobile or solar powered installations
This package is based on our CYBER NANO FM+ 1W rack-mounted FM transmitter
series for demanding broadcasters, operating in the whole band II, from 87.5
to 108 MHz. This is a small, but well built and reliable package with DSP stereo and RDS, antenna, optional mains power supply,
connectors and coaxial cable. This package can also be powered from a car battery
(13.8V-15V) which can save lives in emergency. A perfect backup transmitter
for a large radio station, main transmitter for a small community radio, church
radio or an exciter for a larger FM amplifier.
Very suitable for portable or improvized installations and small radio
stations in Africa and other remote installations, advertising (housing, shops),
special occasions, drive-in cinema wireless sound distribution, translation,
Protected with Temp and SWR protection. Top value for your money.
- Excellent audio quality and stereo separation (DSP+DDS modulator)
- DIGIAMP connector at the back for easy interfacing to amplifiers
- USB audio input for direct connection to PC or laptop
- High quality ESD protected RF hardened balanced inputs
- Enough power for up to 30km of range with good antenna and location
on a mountain top (50W)
- Fully portable and can run from car battery or battery pack.
- Includes everything, even coaxial cable and antenna
- DIGIAMP interface for easy connection to ampbox (easily upgrades to a 500W or 1000W transmitter and shows power etc on the exciter's LCD)
- Does not have the MPX input
- The CyberMaxFM+ units have better RF S/N quality than the Nano series (not an issue in most low power applications)
It is never easy to predict range. You can expect from 500m to about 5Km depending on power, antenna and location. More in very good conditions. This depends a lot on terrain configuration, type of antenna and especially the location of the antenna, coaxial cable quality and length and of course quality of receivers.
- CyberNanoFM+ 1W FM transmitter with DSP and RDS.
- An antenna
- 5m of coaxial cable with matching connectors installed
WHAT ARE MAINS POWER SUPPLY OPTIONS?
- Transmitter runs off 15V @ 1.5A max for 15W transmitter. If you don't already own one you can either decide to buy it locally, use car battery or 15V solar power setup or you can buy our mains power supply and run off the grid.
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off.
What is the Ethernet control module?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely.
What is the Ethernet remote control with Barix audio streaming?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely. It also allows you to stream IP audio to the transmitter with built-in Barix IP audio receiver.
Basic Studio (mixer and microphone)
Save yourself some time and get studio package as well. Studio package A includes:
- 8-channel Behringer mixer (8 channels, 2 mic inputs with compressor, USB audio interface)
- Studio microphone with cable
- Microphone stand
Need more studio gear?
Need audio processor? Check these.
Need a link from studio to the transmitter site? How about these.
Important: Due to large size and irregular shape of these packages the website
often gets shipping cost wrong. For exact shipping cost please contact
our sales department, be sure to give them your exact address and they will
quote you shipping. It also does not hurt to ask for a special discount.
Also recommended: We recommend AA-170 antenna analyzer for checking SWR of the antennas. Coaxial cable grounding kits can be purchased here, they ensure lightning protection when used with grounded antennas. They should be installed at the antenna (if needed, most dipoles are grounded), at the tower base and at the point of entrance into building. Also use self-sealing tape which turns into rubber and prevents moisture from entering your connectors and coaxial cable.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card.
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
- Mixing board with microphone and other audio gear
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Power supply (if you get ours) requires mains cable which can be purchased in your country (each country has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard cable used in your PC for example and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any computer store etc.
- Good taste for music and great skil to put together a program that will dazzle your listeners