A COMPLETE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE GETS YOU ON AIR IN MINUTES!
Also runs off the batteries (12-15V), practical for mobile or solar powered installations
This package is based on our CYBER MAX FM+ 15W rack mounted FM transmitter
series for demanding broadcasters, operating in the whole band II, from 87.5
to 108 MHz. This is a small, but well built and reliable package, with high
quality transmitter (DSP stereo and RDS options), antenna, mains power supply,
connectors and coaxial cable. This package can also be powered from a car battery
(13.8V-15V), which can save lives in emergency. A perfect backup transmitter
for a large radio station, main transmitter for a small community radio, church
radio or an exciter for a larger 500W, 1KW, 2KW or even 250KW FM amplifier.
Also very suitable for portable or improvized installations and small radio
stations in Africa and other remote installations, advertising (housing, shops),
special occasions, drive-in cinema wireless sound distribution, translation,
Protected with Temp and SWR protection. The best value for your money.
- Excellent audio quality (especially DSP model)
- Enough power for up to 15km of range or more with good antenna and location
- Fully portable and can run from car battery or battery pack.
- Includes everything, even coaxial cable and antenna.
It is never easy to predict range. You can expect from 1Km to 15Km. More in very good conditions. This depends a lot on terrain configuration, type of antenna and especially the location of the antenna, coaxial cable quality and length and of course quality of receivers. Check the table below to get a rough idea.
FM 15W FM transmitter (MPX input model D/E*). See (*) regarding stereo below!!
- Suitable mains power supply for this transmitter
- An antenna
- Coaxial cable with matching connectors installed
(*) For stereo operation add DSP stereo encoder option listed at the bottom of this page. Or you can use external stereo processor or pro sound processor with MPX output.
Note: This package ships with several optional antennas:
- Package A: Wideband dipole antenna with 10m of Belden H155 coaxial cable and all connectors
- Package B: PCS0205 high-gain log-periodic for maximum range, with 10m of Belden
H155 coaxial cable and all connectors
- Package C: GP antenna with 10m of Belden H155 coaxial cable and all connectors
- Package D: 3/4 wave Exterminator antenna (500W) with 10m of Belden H155 coaxial
cable and all connectors
||Antenna type provided
||Tuning and installation
||Wideband 600W dipole antenna
||No tuning, wideband, very easy to handle
||PCS 0205 log-periodic antenna
||No tuning, high gain, wideband, very easy to handle
||500W GP antenna
||Needs tuning via lookup table, recommended SWR check afterl installation
||3/4 wave Exterminator antenna
||Tuned in the factory, recommended SWR check after installation
WHAT ARE THESE UPGRADE OPTIONS?
- DSP Stereo encoder; Adds profesional grade DSP stereo encoder with XLR inputs
- your unit gains full stereo capability, we install these for you.
- Replacement 15W final RF transistor; keep one on stock in case
of emergency to simplify servicing
- We recommend that you check our FM Amplifiers section as well for our 50W-3000W
What parameters can I change via PC remote control?
Its best that you look at the screen capture below. The program may change over
time as we make enhancements, we will be adding more features soon! Feel free
to ask for any features you may want.
How do I wire up the transmitter, antenna and audio sources?
Look at the image below (click to enlarge) for an example of a nice radio station with some studio items. At the bottom of this page look for the links to other items that you can use to setup your radio station (WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED? and WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?).
What is RDS?
Data System, basically it displays station name and sometimes song name
and similar information on a compatible radio receiver. Very popular in Europe,
less so in the US. Requires connection to a PC at the time of programming, but
retains settings even when powered off. RDS requires RDS upgrade option so be sure to add it, if you need
What is the Ethernet control module?
This optional add-on module lets you connect this FM transmitter to Ethernet. It lets you control frequency, power and RDS parameters from your PC remotely.
Studio Package A
Save yourself some time and get studio package as well. Studio package A includes:
- AirLite USB mixer with Studio remote (8 channels, 3 mic inputs, 4 USB audio interface inputs and 1 VOIP input)
- 1x DJSTAR ECM-140 studio microphone
- 1x pro microphone stand
- Necessary cables (XLR etc) to connect mic, mixer and transmitter
Studio Package B
Save yourself some time and get studio package as well. Studio package B includes:
- AirMate USB mixer (8 channels, 3 mic inputs, 2 USB audio interface inputs and 2 telephone hybrid inputs)
- 2x DJSTAR ECM-140 studio microphone
- 2x pro microphone stand
- Necessary cables (XLR etc) to connect mic, mixer and transmitter
Need more studio gear?
Need audio processor? Check these.
Need a link from studio to the transmitter site? How about these.
Important: Due to large size and irregular shape of these packages the website
often gets shipping cost wrong. Also sometimes we have to use wooden case which
adds about 100 euro to the cost of antenna. For exact shipping cost please contact
our sales department, be sure to give them your exact address and they will
quote you shipping. It also does not hurt to ask for a special discount.
Also recommended: We recommend AA-170 antenna analyzer for checking SWR of the antennas. Grounding kits can be purchased here, they ensure lightning protection. They should be installed at the antenna (if needed, most dipoles are grounded anyway), at the tower base and at the point of entrance into transmitter building. Also use self-sealing tape which turns into rubber and protects against moisture from entering your connectors and coaxial cable.
WHAT CAN I USE AS AUDIO SOURCE?
- Your PC. Just plug audio cable into your sound card.
- CD player, MP3 player or any other music reproduction system
- Mixing board with microphone and other audio gear
WHAT IS "MOBILE PHONE REMOTE CONTROL (SMS)"?
Connects to the RS232 port at the back of your transmitter and enables remote control of the transmitters via GSM phone network. SIM card and contract not included. Commands and alarms are sent and received via SMS. An app exists for Android phones.
WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED AND IT WASN'T INCLUDED?
- Requires mains cable, which can be purchased in your country (each country has a different mains plug and we don't carry all). This is standard cable used in your PC for example and its price is typically around 1 US$ or less. You can get it in any electronics store, such as radio shack, circuit city, any computer store etc.