1000W XR FM pallet amplifier with BLF188XR, extremely rugged
Designed primarily for FM application, with a
reliable power LDMOS device.
This amplifier is suitable for any CW or pulsed application. This module is for system integrators who will attach the pallet to their own cooling system (heatsink and fan) and incorporate their own low pass filter. Quantity discount is available! Detailed PDF manual available on request.
- Pout (min): 900 Watts
- Pout (nom): 1000 Watts
- Pout(max): 1100 Watts
- Frequency: 87,5-108MHz
- Power Gain: 23dB typ.
- Power Input: 4-5W
- Efficiency: 78-85% typ.
- Power: 48V nominal (40V-50V) at 29A max
- Device used: BLF188XR
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 154x68x34mm
- Operation: Class C
- In/out impedance: 50 ohm
- Power gain variation: +-1dB
- Second harmonic: -25dBc
- Third harmonic: -25dBc
- Load Mismatch (full power, all phase angle): 65:1 (XR version)
You can buy suitable accesories for this amplifier here. We recommend 2400W MW power supply, fans, RG142 coaxial cable for inter-connections and panel mount RF connectors.
- Very rugged, survives 65:1 VSWR
- No RF assembly or circuit tuning
- 900 watts min output power, 1050W typical
- 22dB typical gain at 108MHz
- High efficiency MOSFET design
- Due to the High gain of this pallet, a good shielding between final stage and any driver/low power stage is required. Please foresee a good RF choke also on the supply wiring.
- Excessive drive level can damage this amplifier; design of equipment where the amplifier will be mounted must foresee an appropriate protection circuits.
- Amplifier efficiency is function of supply voltage, in order to obtain max efficiency please reduce supply in function of desired output power. Generally best compromise between efficiency and harmonic emission, is obtained when the amplifier work at about 2-3 dB of gain compression.
- RF pallets are sensitive devices, if you do not have sufficient experience please consider a finished product instead. They can be burned by applying too much drive power, too high supply voltage, not using proper heatsink, using filter with unsufficient specifications, connecting mismatched loads or no load at all and also by soldering coax with too long leads. For this reason there is no warranty for any pallet. We do assure you that every pallet is tested and is 100% operational as it leaves our workshop.